Senior Financial Analyst
Founded in 1977, the Jane Goodall Institute (JGI) USA is an international non-governmental organization that continues Dr. Jane Goodall’s pioneering work on chimpanzee behavior and conservation. Its mission is to understand and protect chimpanzees, other apes, and their habitats, and to work towards creating an informed and compassionate citizenry who will help to create a better world for people, other animals and our shared environment. The breadth of JGI’s mission reflects Dr. Goodall’s personal philosophy that the survival of all species, whether chimpanzee or human, depends upon the collaboration of all people.
The role of a Senior Financial Analyst is to support individual projects and have responsibility for the maintenance of HQ balance sheet accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review all financial transactions related to the assigned projects including, but not limited to project travel expense reports/claims for reimbursements and other direct expenses incurred for the project/s. The review, among other things, includes checking for appropriate documentation and compliance to regulations with respect to allowability and reasonableness of expenses and to make sure that accuracy in the coding and computation of amounts are verified.
- Review reconciliations and other documents sent by the finance personnel from the field.
- Coordinate with Program personnel on all issues/concerns regarding routine financial and administrative issues.
- Perform Balance Sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents/schedules.
- Review and investigate the company’s accounting transactions to improve data accuracy.
- Responsible for month-end, quarter-end and year-end close for assigned functional areas
- Prepare journal entries related to assigned functional responsibilities.
- Prepare foreign currency transactions analysis and its impact on financial results.
- Review and research accounting transactions for functional areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting;
- 5 or more years of progressive experience;
- Non-profit experience is preferred;
- Strong work ethic with a defined sense of urgency;
- Organized self-starter that works well in a team environment;
- Strong attention to detail and retention of pertinent information;
- MS Office and Excel proficiency required;
- Knowledge of general accounting.
Ability to work in a fast paced/and culturally diverse international organization/work environment. Ability to be self- motivated, independent and responsible for assigned workload. Work environment may require local, overnight, and/or international travel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
FT position with excellent benefits. EOE. Please apply online through the Careers Page of our website: www.janegoodall.org by December 31, 2018